This monumental power plant is a great example of how incredible industrial buildings were constructed more than a century ago. When it opened in 1914, the power station was one of the most advanced power centers in all of Europe. It also served as the first electricity exchange plant in Europe.
Despite that, the plant is also known for its extraordinary architecture. Every room in this plant has been thought through by the architects. The biggest hallmark can be found at the core of the plant; the control room. With its enormous art deco styled glass ceiling, it's a remarkable piece of architecture.
Up until the mid-2000s, the power plant provided electricity for the region. After it was shut down and protected by the country's law. Preventing it from being demolished.